Jump to Recipe
Boneless, skinless chicken breast is the mac-daddy of quick cooking chicken but I’ve always been a fan of its cousin, the boneless, skinless chicken thigh. Dark meat has much better flavor, IMHO. When I find it on sale I always stock up so I have it on hand to whip a quick dinner together after a busy day.
This dish is a bit decadent so I don’t fix it often but it’s a nice indulgence when I do. Serve with crusty bread, a simple salad dressed with balsamic vinaigrette and a glass of Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc and you’ve got a meal special enough for company or a date night at home.
Portobello mushrooms were on sale at my local market so that’s what I chose. White mushrooms will also work with this dish.
Feel free to substitute your favorite cheeses-let me know how it goes when you fix this dish!!
4 Cheese Linguine w/Chicken
- 16 oz package linguine, cooked to al dente and drained
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Provolone Cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 lemon wedges
- Cook pasta according to package directions; reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid to thin sauce, if needed.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add mushrooms and sauté 3-5 minutes. Add garlic, stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan & set aside.
- Heat additional teaspoon olive oil, if needed. Add chicken to pan and cook through, about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return mushrooms & garlic to pan and stir in heavy cream. Heat and stir until bubbly. Add a bit of the reserved pasta water, if needed.
- Add cooked pasta to pan. Top with all the shredded cheeses. Stir pasta until coated with sauce and all cheeses are melted and combined.
- Turn pasta mixture onto a serving platter and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.