If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time you just KNOW I’m a fan of leftovers. They are a great way to stretch your food budget. Most leftovers end up tasting better than the original dish-something about allowing a little time to let flavors blend makes them extra flavorful!
Summer is just around the corner and in most parts of the Northern Hemisphere it’s cookout season! When I grill I tend to cook more than I need for a meal so that I can have leftovers! Some go in the freezer for when my days are a little bit busier but others are set aside so I can fix a meal a day or two after my cookout. I was experimenting a bit with some leftover grilled chicken breast and this is what I came up with. If your local store has a special on rotisserie chicken this would be a great way to put a quick meal together and use those leftovers, as well. Enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Salad
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast grilled or roasted
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1-2 T mayonnaise
- Salt, to taste
- Cut chicken breast into bite sized pieces.
- Add onion, celery, cranberries, parsley & mayonnaise and mix well.
- Chill for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Salt to taste; serve on toast or on a bed of greens.