4 Cheese Linguine w/Chicken
Classic pasta and cheese dish made easy! Simple enough for a weekday meal but special enough for a date night or company.
- 16 oz package linguine, cooked to al dente and drained
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Provolone Cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 lemon wedges
Cook pasta according to package directions; reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid to thin sauce, if needed. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add mushrooms and sauté 3-5 minutes. Add garlic, stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan & set aside. Heat additional teaspoon olive oil, if needed. Add chicken to pan and cook through, about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return mushrooms & garlic to pan and stir in heavy cream. Heat and stir until bubbly. Add a bit of the reserved pasta water, if needed. Add cooked pasta to pan. Top with all the shredded cheeses. Stir pasta until coated with sauce and all cheeses are melted and combined. Turn pasta mixture onto a serving platter and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.